There is no age to participate in physical activities and keeping yourself fit, which is why it is important for parents to maintain a healthy lifestyle and set a routine along with their children in
maintaining such way of life. One reason why adding physical activities since childhood is important because it helps in building self confidence in your children, helps them maintain body weight and builds strong muscles and bones. The key is not to make the activities as a duty that becomes boring for your kids; instead it should be fun and creative. Do not take the fitness part from the perspective of an adult but from the viewpoint of your children. The physical activities you plan on doing with your kids should be exciting and movement oriented. Other than the general benefits, the biggest benefit of all is that you get a chance to spend time with your family and get to know more about them. Here are a few tips one can use to stay fit with your kids while making it fun for all.
1. Instead of dropping off kids to school via car or public transport, walk or cycle with them to and from school as often as possible.
2. Find any sports facilities or sports clubs where the entire family can take part in, such as swimming, tennis, squash, badminton, gym etc.
3. If you have a dog, take it for an evening walk with your kids. If you do not own any pets then borrow from a friend or neighbor.
4. Go for pre or post dinner walk with your children.
5. Make a game out of household chores. The benefit of this is that your children will learn how to get the chores done, your house will be clean at all times and most of all you won’t have to do all the chores alone.
6. Play Simon says that includes a lot of hopping, jumping up and down, stretching and reaching.
7. Take some time out from your busy routines during the weekends and do something active with your children. Playing football in the park, Frisbee, trampoline, rock climbing or any other activities that your kids enjoy.
8. Kids love playing and making things messy. So team up for gardening and let them dig the mud to help you plant. They can also help you in watering the plants too.
9. Make your kids favorite dishes healthier so they could enjoy them as well as remain healthy. Try using whole grain bread instead of the white bread, add extra veggies, avoid butter and use olive oil, reduce the amount of dairy products. Use alternates that give them a similar taste without making their foodstuff boring.
10. Sneaking workouts into other activities is also a way to keep your kids moving. If you are taking your kids to the supermarket with you, tell them to walk along rather than riding in the cart. If you are taking them to the malls, tell them to use the stairs instead of elevators or escalators.